Viza Interntaional

Blog on Religious Worker Visa (Temporary Work)

The United Kingdom is a hub for immigrants from around the world. It offers ample career opportunities and growth potential to people. 

A religious Worker Visa allows you to enter the UK in a non-pastoral role or on a valid religious order. This visa replaced the T5 Religious Worker visa (Temporary Worker). 


Who can apply for a Temporary Work-Religious Worker Visa?


  • A person who is above 18 is eligible to apply for this visa.
  • The applicant must have their sponsor issue a Certificate of Sponsorship with a valid reference number. This document will specify the duration of his stay.
  • Anyone who wants to apply for this visa must be able to prove that they have enough funds to sustain themselves during their stay. This amount needs to be a minimum of 1270 pounds.
  • The applicant must not have had a religious worker or a charity worker visa in the last 12 months unless they were not in the UK for that time.


Documents you need to apply for Religious Worker Visa 


Following are the documents you need to support your application:-


  • A valid passport and other necessary identification and travel documents;
  • A certificate of sponsorship reference number by your employer;
  • Bank Statements to prove that you have enough funds to survive in the UK;
  • Proof of your relationship with your dependents if they are applying with you;
  • A medical test report for Tuberculosis (TB)


You can work and study in the UK on this visa for a maximum of 24 months or 28 days more than the duration in your COS.


You can also work for other jobs in the skilled worker shortage occupation list during your stay in the UK. You can only undertake this job for up to 20 hours per week outside of your working hours.


A Religious Worker Visa application fee is usually around 259 pounds. Also, the application will ask you to pay a healthcare surcharge of 624 pounds per year, depending on your stay.

Contact the Viza International expert team from Kerala to get assistance in applying for a visa overseas. Search for “best study-abroad consultants near me,” and you will find Viza International in the list.