Viza Interntaional

Doctors Visa to the UK

The United Kingdom is a junction of roads for immigrants. People come here to work, invest, innovate, plant a new business, and study in the UK.

One of the visas to work here is a doctor’s visa or a healthcare worker visa. A Healthcare Worker visa allows medical professionals to come and stay for an eligible job role with the NHS (National Health Care Services) in the UK.

This visa will be valid for five years. You may extend it post that. There is no limit on the times you can apply to extend the visa. You may even apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain to settle in the country.

Who can apply for a Healthcare Worker Visa?

  • Any adult social care worker, qualified doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional can apply for this visa.
  • The Home Office must approve your UK employer who has sent you a job offer.
  • You must have a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) number issued in your name by your employer. This document contains information about your job role, duration of stay, etc.
  • You should be able to understand, speak, read, and write English. 

Following are the documents you need to apply for a Doctor visa to the UK:-

  • A valid COS reference number by a genuine employer. 
  • A qualification to prove your proficiency in the English language.
  • All necessary travel documents, including a passport.
  • Your job’s title, occupation code, and annual salary.
  • You might also need evidence like your bank statement to show you have enough funds to sustain yourself in the UK.

Other documents you may need to show during your application include a criminal record certificate and a tuberculosis test result. The application will also ask you to provide proof of relationship with your dependents if they accompany you to the UK.

You may apply for a healthcare worker visa three months before your visit. It usually takes three weeks to get a decision on your visa application. 

Contact the Viza International team to hire the best immigration specialists to assist you in your visa process.

Tag Post :


Share This :