September 17, 2023
UK Innovator Visa: Your Gateway to Start a Business in the UK
Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1)
Often people travel to the UK as tourists, as a student to study in the UK, or as an entrepreneur to start their businesses in the UK. People who want to start a business in the UK need a separate visa.
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for the UK allows entrepreneurs to enter the UK and start their businesses. However, new norms from 29th March 2019 no longer allow you to apply for a tier-1 entrepreneur visa. Now this visa that enables you to start your business as a sole trader is called an innovator visa or a start-up visa.
The eligibility criteria for an innovator visa are as follows:-
- The applicant’s age must be above 18 years.
- You need to prove the funding of at least 50,000 pounds to invest in your business idea.
- The endorsing body must approve your business idea.
- Also, you need to have a certificate of B2 level of English as set by the Common European Framework Of Reference for languages.
Documents Required For An Entrepreneur/Innovator Visa
The documents application will need to depend on the applicant’s circumstances. To apply for any visa to the UK, you need to have a passport or any other valid travel identification.
- Have a valid B2 English Language test pass certificate.
- Present evidence of investment funds.
- Present your bank statements showing that you have a minimum of 945 pounds in your savings account for 90 consecutive days before applying for the visa.
With this visa, you can also bring your family to the UK as your dependents. People who can travel with you on the tier 1 entrepreneur or innovator visa are your wife/husband and children below 18.
Please connect with the professionals of Viza International to apply, switch or extend your visa. Our team of experts will make sure your visa application process goes smoothly.