September 17, 2023
Ultimate Guide to Fully Funded Scholarships in the UK for International Students
The United Kingdom is known for having one of the best education systems. Therefore, scholars migrate to the place to get access to the renowned universities to study in the UK.
Many of these scholars can barely afford the tuition fees for their degrees and the accommodation involved. But the UK does not disappoint them as it has the provision for fully funded scholarships.
What are the types of scholarships in the UK?
- Academic, merit, and excellence scholarship- Students who are excellent in academics are eligible for this scholarship.
- Performance-based scholarship- Exceptional performance in extra-curricular activities such as music, sports, drama, and dance will make you eligible for this scholarship.
- Disability scholarships- Students with long-term medical issues or other special needs can apply for this scholarship.
- Equal access or sanctuary scholarship- Refugees and asylum seekers can get a tuition fee waiver through this scheme to study in the UK with scholarship.
Three Prominent UK Scholarships
- Great Scholarship- The scheme provides £10,000 jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council. The scholarship only funds postgraduate courses.
- Chevening Scholarship- One of the best fully funded scholarships for students opting for a postgraduate degree is the Chevening Scholarship. Students demonstrating excellent academic and leadership skills are eligible for this scholarship.
- Commonwealth Scholarship- Students opting for a degree from a Commonwealth nation and are capable of making a change at the global level can apply for this scholarship.
You may surf for more scholarships available according to your requirements. There are tonnes of universities accepting these scholarships.
You may contact the Viza International team to get assistance on study visas and scholarships to apply.